[alsa-devel] no input/output analog channels on rme multiface I

rmgls at free.fr rmgls at free.fr
Tue Jan 8 18:45:17 CET 2008

On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 13:41:42 +0100 Takashi Iwai <tiwai at suse.de> wrote
>> on Sun, 09 Dec 2007 23:39:46 +0100, rmgls at free.fr wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> the multiface 1, does not work for me.
>> it is recognized as hammerfal DSP, but the amixer shows no analog in/out
>> (there are 8 analog I/O in the box) and of course no volume control for
>> any channel.

> Did you try hdspmixer?

> Takashi

yes i tried it, without success, hdspmixer does not start with an
 (inaccesible) message.

as i mentionned earlier, the firmware is correctly loaded,
and the aslamixer doesn't show any analog I/O.
of course one can't play any analog sound,
and the midi part is not detected:
(is it the same problem?°

Note: the kernel is 22.3, running on debian, with the hg version from 20080107:
drivers, libs, and all.

thanks for your help.

Raoul
rmgls at free.Fr