[alsa-devel] no front speaker sound with ALC262

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Fri Feb 29 17:57:15 CET 2008

At Fri, 29 Feb 2008 17:24:03 +0100,
Rene Dohmen wrote:

> No I still don't know where the speakers are conencted.
> I asked the support engineers at tangent to send me a detailed
> blockdiagram of their sound solution and ik think i'll receive that
> sooner or later.
>
> So, for now, I just tried passing the EAPD option to all NIDS in the
> codec#0 file.
>
> I attached the code#0 file while working with very low volume
>
> When I run
> sudo hda-verb/hda-verb /dev/snd/hwC0D0  0x03 SET_EAPD 0x02
> or
> sudo hda-verb/hda-verb /dev/snd/hwC0D0  0x02 SET_EAPD 0x02

Doh, I actually misunderstood that your codec were ALC268 but it's
ALC262.  EAPD command can be issued only on widgets that support.
ALC262 has no EAPD pin caps at all. so it doesn't work like that.

Instead, ALC262 (and other Realtek codecs) has a special sequence with
coefficients to the vendor-defined widget.  Yes, it's a black magic.

Try the following sequence:

	0x20 SET_COEF_INDEX 0x07
	0x20 SET_PROC_COEF 0x3060

0x3060 can be different numbers like 0x3070 or 0x3050.
If you set a different number, reset the coef index again (i.e. always
call as a pair).