[alsa-devel] no front speaker sound with ALC262

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Thu Feb 28 12:20:49 CET 2008

At Thu, 28 Feb 2008 12:14:50 +0100,
I wrote:

> At Wed, 27 Feb 2008 19:16:23 +0100,
> Rene Dohmen wrote:
> >
> > I tried it with all avalialable NIDS:
> >
> > sudo ./hda-verb /dev/snd/hwC0D0  0x14 SET_EAPD 0x02
> > Is this correct?
>
> Looks OK.  Check /proc/asound/card0/codec#0 after you run the
> command.  The EAPD value shown there must be changed.
>
> >     And is it so with all module options?
> >
> > Yes with all tested codecs: are there any more options that i can use?
>
> Did you figure out that 0x14 is really the speaker output?
> You can check it by muting the AMP of this widget manually via
> hda-verb command.

Err, disregard this comment, of course :)

AFAIK, ALC268 doesn't use GPIOs for EAPD controls but only EAPD
verbs.  So, setting EAPD on the widget should suffice.

Anyway, it'd be better to show codec#0 proc at the state you believe
that you've set up correctly but no sound comes out from the speaker.
Also, clarify what you've tested, too.