[alsa-devel] snd-usb-audio syncronisation problem

Clemens Ladisch clemens at ladisch.de
Tue Feb 26 15:21:45 CET 2008

Adrian Stancu wrote:
> I see, you say that the device knows what sample rate it is supposed
> to use, and that this rate should be automatically used.

Not automatically, the driver sets an alternate setting in set_format()
by calling usb_set_interface().

> 2) I logically connect the device to the virtual machine, set the
> sampling rate to 96k through the creative supplied drivers,

Apparently, that driver uses some vendor-specific request to configure
the device.  To find out what exactly that driver does, you'd have to
use a tool like usbsnoop to record the USB requests.

Regards,
Clemens