[alsa-devel] [Alsa-user] ESS 1688

Rene Herman rene.herman at keyaccess.nl
Sun Feb 24 14:23:38 CET 2008

On 24-02-08 10:50, Rene Herman wrote:

> Not yet, but I confirm the bug. I'll try and see of I can locate
> anything. No ETA available.

Can you try if applying the attached makes things work as you'd expect with
respect to the recording levels? Over here it seems to, although I get the
feeling we might as well rename the control "Distortion Levels" as keeping
it at 0 is the only sensible thing.

Even if this works, it's not a final fix, just to confirm. Given that you
posted to alsa-user... if you're not setup to apply this patch (to any semi
recent source) and recompile the driver I hope someone can help.

With respect to the duplex issue -- there seem to be no docs for 688 and
1688 which is a bit of a problem.

Rene.