[alsa-devel] snd-usb-audio syncronisation problem

Adrian Stancu adrian.stancu.82 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 14:45:07 CET 2008

Hi Clemens,

Thank you very much for helping me!

Using the original module, the momentary frequency is always stalled
at 48000Hz during playback:
vader:~# while sleep 0.3; do grep "Momentary freq"
/proc/asound/card1/stream0; done
    Momentary freq = 48000 Hz (0x6.0000)
    Momentary freq = 48000 Hz (0x6.0000)
    Momentary freq = 48000 Hz (0x6.0000)
    Momentary freq = 48000 Hz (0x6.0000)
    Momentary freq = 48000 Hz (0x6.0000)

 note: I started playback after issuing the command.
So maybe this particular type of interface does not report back
correctly, thus confusing the driver?

After playing with subs->freqm in init_substream_urbs(,,,), the
situation improved dramatically for me, but this is no general fix...
In this case, I get:
Momentary freq = 48001 Hz (0x6.0007) and I get a single little pop
once about 90 seconds, but this is nothing compared to the horrible
sound I normally get when the buffer gets empty.