[alsa-devel] Problem with DELL XPS M1530

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Wed Feb 20 14:24:41 CET 2008

At Wed, 20 Feb 2008 13:30:06 +0100,
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Anders_R=F8nningen?= wrote:

> I'll do the tests when I get home from work. Just wanted to check that I
> understood the instructions.
>
> The problem is like you said. The left HP and the internal speakers never
> give any sound, regardless of whether the right HP is connected.
>
> You want me to:
> 1. remove the mentioned line from alsa-kernel/pci/hda/patch_sigmatel.c.
> 2. configure and build the driver with full debug
> 3. reboot, run alsa-info.sh and upload the output
>
> Is that right?

Yes.

> > No difference in the output but there must be a difference in the codec
> setting.
> You mean before and after I remove the line from patch_sigmatel.c?

In each case whatever you change something.  I have to check the codec
state whether the surround volume really does the right job as
expected.
Also, we need to check the state with and without the code in
patch_sigmatel.c, with and without HP plugged.

Also, try the original 1.0.16 and get alsa-info.sh as well.

Yeah, there are lots of required tests.  That's why it's so nasty to
debug this kind of problem...

> >What is the original configuration of pin 0xf?
> How can I know/find out this?

This can be found from alsa-info.sh.

thanks,