[alsa-devel] Problem with DELL XPS M1530

Anders Rønningen andersronningen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 17:24:04 CET 2008

Hi. I am the mentioned user with this problem. Just thought I'd give you
a little more info on this problem.

What wishie described was correct, except it's the internal speakers and
the /left/ hp-jack that stopped working, while the right one is still
ok. Like he wrote, the reason we started this debugging was to get mic
sound on my system. The thing I think is worth mentioning is that with
alsa 1.0.14 on an out-of-the box Ubuntu Gutsy, both hp-jacks and the
internal speakers worked for me. People in #alsa told me that the module
was not loaded correctly, but whatever was loaded _almost_ worked well :-)

- Anders