[alsa-devel] Cirrus Logic CS42L52 Low power codec

Brian Austin brian.austin at cirrus.com
Mon Feb 18 19:07:40 CET 2008

Makes sense.

So lets take a for-instance.
say I have 4 low power codecs and I want these codecs to be supported by
say NXP, SMDK24XX, FSL, and EP9X.  Then I would need to write the
machine code for each codec on each dev board?
Then allow the Kconfig to select what codecs I have for each machine.

correct?

In thinking ahead,  I can see how this will mean that in the future we
can have to option of several codecs per machine.  I guess that's the
deal with v2.   cool

so when I submit the CS42L52, I just need to .c and .h and a mod'ed
Kconfig for sound/soc/codecs.
fair enough

Thanks,

Brian