[alsa-devel] Problem with DELL XPS M1530

Travis Place wishie at wishie.net
Mon Feb 18 17:42:07 CET 2008

Hi all,

Been helping a user on #alsa for a day or two now, with issues regarding
recording from Mic on his Dell XPS M1530 laptop. He originally had
alsa-driver 1.0.14, so i had him upgrade to 1.0.16. Now, his Mic works for
recording, but he has lost playback on one of his HP jacks (the right one),
and Internal laptop speakers. I had a brief look at the code in
patch_sigmatel.c, to see what was going on.. But since im no code guru, i
wasnt much help..

The output of alsa-info.sh is located at http://pastebin.ca/908579

I did notice some comments in the code about correcting HP and Mic jacks for
certain models (atleast thats what I read it as).

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Travis (wishie).

--
Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can
feel its warmth