[alsa-devel] alsa-info.sh output with ISA cards (cs4236)

Nigel Henry cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr
Thu Feb 14 17:31:48 CET 2008

I've been trying to help someone out on the Fedora list, who has had problems
with snd-cs4236 since FC6, where he had to add "modprobe snd-cs4236"
to /etc/rc.local to get the module to load. With Fedora 8 the problem got
worse, and sound would only work as root. Using a tip from someone else on
the list, added lines for sound, and cdrom
in /etc/security/console.perms.d/50-default.perms, and the sound now works as

I asked him to run alsa-info.sh, having got the sound working, but there is
very limited output, as below.

The question is, should the script work as well with ISA cards, as it does
with PCI ones?