[alsa-devel] alsa-info.sh output with ISA cards (cs4236)

Nigel Henry cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr
Thu Feb 14 17:31:48 CET 2008

I've been trying to help someone out on the Fedora list, who has had problems
with snd-cs4236 since FC6, where he had to add "modprobe snd-cs4236"
to /etc/rc.local to get the module to load. With Fedora 8 the problem got
worse, and sound would only work as root. Using a tip from someone else on
the list, added lines for sound, and cdrom
in /etc/security/console.perms.d/50-default.perms, and the sound now works as
user.

I asked him to run alsa-info.sh, having got the sound working, but there is
very limited output, as below.

http://pastebin.ca/903074

The question is, should the script work as well with ISA cards, as it does
with PCI ones?

Nigel.