[alsa-devel] Notebook Toshiba satellite x200-21g with realtek snd-hda-intel audio device still not supported (codec ALC268)

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Tue Feb 12 11:23:42 CET 2008

At Mon, 11 Feb 2008 23:58:33 +0100,
Daniele (Mastro) wrote:

> Takashi Iwai ha scritto:
> > Note that these are no errors but just debug information.
>
> ok.. so, are they useful?

Not really in your case.

> > Try the patch below.  This should fix the capture source problem on
> > ALC268.
>
> ok i'll try as soon as i can..
> with what "model" param should i create the alsa-info.sh log? test? default?

Basically run alsa-info.sh on your problematic configuration you
wanted to use.  So, don't pass model option unless you did so in the
earlier versions and it ran well.  If you have another better-working
configuration, take alsa-info.sh snapshot as well for comparison.

> > The modem is a different problem.  There are only certain model chips
> > that can work with slmodemd.  Non si3054-compatible (typically
> > conexant ones) don't work.
>
> i think i was not very clear about this...
> i can't see anywhere something like a modem on lspci or lsusb... i think
> the modem is "inside" the audio card and for some reason it is ignored...
> this is why i think it's alsa-related

Sure, and as I wrote, the modem is a *different* problem from the
audio problem you are facing.  I'd be intereseted if it's a
regression.  But in other cases, it'll be likely ignored, as not
fixable properly right now.