[alsa-devel] Digital-Out (Toslink) on HDA-Intal (AD1986A)?

Sat Feb 9 13:01:18 CET 2008

Hi,

Am Freitag, 8. Februar 2008 schrieb Takashi Iwai:
> At Fri, 08 Feb 2008 11:59:48 +0100,
> I wrote:
> > At Thu, 7 Feb 2008 22:55:40 +0100,
> > Martin Egge wrote:
> > >
> > > I gave it a try on the latest HG. You almost got the hang on it. The
> > > internal mic works for the first time with model=laptop-eapd. But the
> > > jack sense (autmatic switch to external mic when connected) does not
> > > work. Both mics are recorded at the same time.
> >
> > Do you see any difference in codec# proc file between mic-plugged and
> > unplugged states?

Yes there is a difference:

With mic plugged I get the following in lines 161 to 172 of codec#0:
Node 0x1d [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x400985: Stereo Amp-Out R/L
  Amp-Out caps: ofs=0x1f, nsteps=0x1f, stepsize=0x05, mute=1
  Amp-Out vals:  [0x80 0x80]
  Pincap 0x081737: IN OUT Detect Trigger ImpSense
    Vref caps: HIZ 50 GRD 80
  Pin Default 0x01019015: [Jack] Line Out at Ext Rear
    Conn = 1/8, Color = Pink
    DefAssociation = 0x1, Sequence = 0x5
  Pin-ctls: 0x00: VREF_HIZ
  Unsolicited: tag=00, enabled=0
  Connection: 1
     0x0d

With mic unplugged I get the following in lines 161 to 172 of codec#0:
Node 0x1d [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x400985: Stereo Amp-Out R/L
  Amp-Out caps: ofs=0x1f, nsteps=0x1f, stepsize=0x05, mute=1
  Amp-Out vals:  [0x80 0x80]
  Pincap 0x081737: IN OUT Detect Trigger ImpSense
    Vref caps: HIZ 50 GRD 80
  Pin Default 0x01019015: [Jack] Line Out at Ext Rear
    Conn = 1/8, Color = Pink
    DefAssociation = 0x1, Sequence = 0x5
  Pin-ctls: 0x24: IN VREF_80
  Unsolicited: tag=00, enabled=0
  Connection: 1
     0x0d

> Anyway, the patch below might work better.  Give it a try.

This patch does not work. The external mic is always disabled and there are
not differences in the codec# proc files.

Regards,
Martin