[alsa-devel] Ac97 on Au1200- No Sound

Nitin Mahajan nitinm76 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 8 13:00:25 CET 2008

I am working with a Au1200 based board and trying to
make the audio(AC97 + STAC9752) work after applying
the ASoC patch at

After writing the machine driver for my board based on
the exmmb-ac97.c as a template, my codec is being
detected, which is on PSC1.

But when I play some .wav file using aplay, I get to
hear the sound with a very low volume, which is almost
not recognizable.

I unmuted the codec with these two commands

#amixer set "Master" 255 unmute
#amixer set "PCM" 255 unmute

I also tried to watch /proc/interrupts but I am not
able to see any interrupts coming on IRQ 11 that is
for PSC1.

Could some one provide more insight into what might be
going wrong?

Thanking in advance