[alsa-devel] HG branches

Seth Forshee seth.forshee at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 02:59:24 CET 2008

On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 03:06:44PM +0100, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
> BTW: Does anyone know if it's possible to just pick a patch from a HG
> branch to another? STG (Stacked GIT) has nice 'stg pick <branch>@<patch>'
> command for this.

  hg update -C dest-branch
  hg transplant -b source-branch revision

But I must say that using branches in hg is rather painful.  We tried
it for a while at my workplace and switched to using cloned repos for
branches (mostly).  We had several instances of bad things happening
because of the way hg handled branches, and when those things got
pushed it was often very difficult to get the repo back to a decent
state.  In my opinion git handles branches much better than hg does.

Cheers,
Seth