[alsa-devel] M-Delta Audiophile 192 (ice1724) Recording

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Mon Feb 4 16:04:33 CET 2008

At Mon, 04 Feb 2008 15:31:10 +0100,
CAG wrote:

> hi,
>
> Takashi Iwai schrieb:
> > At Thu, 31 Jan 2008 23:51:19 +0100,
> > Computer AG im FSK wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I  forget to mention that we patched
> >> /usr/local/src/alsa-driver-1.0.16rc2/alsa-kernel/pci/ice1712/revo.c
> >> instead of
> >> /usr/local/src/alsa-driver-1.0.16rc2/pci/ice1712/revo.c
> >>
> >> because /usr/local/src/alsa-driver-1.0.16rc2/pci/ice1712/revo.c is just
> >> 3 lines long or so and looks like including
> >> /usr/local/src/alsa-driver-1.0.16rc2/alsa-kernel/pci/ice1712/revo.c.
> >>
> >> Does this matter ?
> >
> > No, it's the right place to apply.
> >
> > So far, I have no further idea what could be wrong.  It's really hard
> > to debug remotely without hardware and without any datasheet... >
> >
> > Takashi
>
> We get this card working with O.S.S., recording works now. Anyway, OSS
> is not our preferred sound system...

If the GPL'ed version of OSS works, then we can see the driver code.
Could you check whether it works?  If we have a reference source, it
will be greatly helpful to debug.

> We would like to know if there will be future development for this card.
> We bought 4 cards for our studio, it really would help us out.
>
> Is there any way to support the alsa project to fix this issue ? What
> about our offer to lend a card for development ? Our finances aren't
> very well but  we could also think about a small donation for hardware
> i.e.

Well, the problem is another one - the lack of the hardware
information such as datasheet.  The codec chip itself is known but the
connection of the chip is unknown.  This is what M-audio knows at
best.  Or you can track the pin connections on your board...

Above all, the most missing thing for me is the time.  I'm willing to
help you but have likely too little time.  I hope someone else could
help more intensively...