[alsa-devel] HDA - AD1986a issues.

Tobin Davis tdavis at dsl-only.net
Fri Feb 1 23:57:35 CET 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 16:13 +0100, Takashi Iwai wrote:

> > Also, I had some very strange audio garbage with the tip on an HD
> Audio platform
> > that normally works ok.  I'm going to be tracking it down this
> morning, once I
> > get to work (1 hour).  I'm not sure if it is related to the AD1986a
> or the SCH
> > (gcap patch).
>
> AD1986A has a known problem when you assign the single stream to
> multiple DACs.  But, we should have fixed this already in 1.0.16rc2.

Ok, I can confirm on my test system that the HDA-GCAP and HDA-SCH
patches are ok.  I tested them on 1.0.15 with an AD1986a and they work
fine.  Same system with HG20080130 is aweful.  I'm trying to revert the
patch_analog patches one at a time to see which one is the problem.

> >  I do know that GCAP returns 2200 on this system, whereas a normal
> > ICH returns 4401.  The last bit may be significant (64bit vs 32bit
> stream).  I
> > need to reverify the SCH value, but this may be causing the issue.
> This is
> > critical for a launch coming up.
>
> Hm, this bit hasn't been tested.  OK, we need a fix for that.

No need to worry about this bit I guess.  It may only be relevant on a
system that runs 64bit OSes, and I'd assume that bit doesn't exist for
systems that can't.
--
Tobin Davis

	"What do you do when your real life exceeds your wildest fantasies?"
	"You keep it to yourself."
		-- Broadcast News