[alsa-devel] HDA - Add support for the OQO Model 2

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Fri Feb 1 16:13:47 CET 2008

At Fri, 01 Feb 2008 07:01:44 -0800,
Tobin Davis wrote:

> On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 13:14 +0100, Takashi Iwai wrote:
>
>     At Thu, 31 Jan 2008 15:33:14 -0800,
>     Tobin Davis wrote:
>     >
>     > This patch adds support for the OQO Model 2 Ultra Mobile PC.
>     >
>     >
>     > Signed off by Tobin Davis <tdavis at dsl-only.net>
>
>     Thanks.  I'll apply it after 1.0.16 release.
>
> When's the next release window?  My contact at IDT (Sigmatel) was hoping to get
> it in this release, he just didn't get back to me with the test results until
> yesterday.

1.0.16 will be released in the next week.
As Jaroslav already announced, we want to avoid patches except for bug
fixes until the release.

> Also, I had some very strange audio garbage with the tip on an HD Audio platform
> that normally works ok.  I'm going to be tracking it down this morning, once I
> get to work (1 hour).  I'm not sure if it is related to the AD1986a or the SCH
> (gcap patch).

AD1986A has a known problem when you assign the single stream to
multiple DACs.  But, we should have fixed this already in 1.0.16rc2.

>  I do know that GCAP returns 2200 on this system, whereas a normal
> ICH returns 4401.  The last bit may be significant (64bit vs 32bit stream).  I
> need to reverify the SCH value, but this may be causing the issue.  This is
> critical for a launch coming up.

Hm, this bit hasn't been tested.  OK, we need a fix for that.
(But I think OQO has no more than 4GB RAM, no?)

thanks,