[alsa-devel] S/PDIF-Out on Asus M3A-H/HDMI with ALC1200

Thomas Schneider nailstudio at gmx.net
Tue Dec 23 12:22:29 CET 2008

Hi,

i am looking for a way to make Digital-Audio work with the external
and internal S/PDIF-Output of my Motherboard Asus M3A-H/HDMI with
ALC1200 Soundard. I use the latest unstable snapshot and i can´t
make it work at the same time.

On the external S/PDIF-Output is my Digital Receiver connected,
on the internal one my GeForce 8500GT to get sound over HDMI
on my LCT-TV.

When i load the driver without any model-options my Soundcard is
detected as Asus P5Q-EM HDMI

ALSA /usr/local/src/alsa-driver-unstable/pci/hda/hda_codec.c:2716:
hda_codec: model 'asus-p5q' is selected for config 1043:82fe (Asus
P5Q-EM HDMI)
[ 6.721700] ALSA
/usr/local/src/alsa-driver-unstable/pci/hda/hda_codec.c:1339: Cannot
find slave Headphone Playback Volume, skipped
[ 6.721714] ALSA
/usr/local/src/alsa-driver-unstable/pci/hda/hda_codec.c:1339: Cannot
find slave Speaker Playback Volume, skipped
[ 6.721716] ALSA
/usr/local/src/alsa-driver-unstable/pci/hda/hda_codec.c:1339: Cannot
find slave Mono Playback Volume, skipped
[ 6.721719] ALSA
/usr/local/src/alsa-driver-unstable/pci/hda/hda_codec.c:1339: Cannot
find slave Line-Out Playback Volume, skipped
[ 6.721721] ALSA
/usr/local/src/alsa-driver-unstable/pci/hda/hda_codec.c:1339: Cannot
find slave PCM Playback Volume, skipped
[ 6.721729] ALSA
/usr/local/src/alsa-driver-unstable/pci/hda/hda_codec.c:1339: Cannot
find slave Speaker Playback Switch, skipped
[ 6.721731] ALSA
/usr/local/src/alsa-driver-unstable/pci/hda/hda_codec.c:1339: Cannot
find slave Mono Playback Switch, skipped

Now i have sound on my LCD-TV over HDMI (internal S/PDIF-Out)

When i load the driver with model=6stack-dig i have sound on my
Digital-Receiver (external S/PDIF-Out).

In the mailinglist-archive or in the doku i have seen, that the only
difference
between this models is the DIGOUT_NID

asus-p5q = 0x10
6stack-dig = 0x06

I there a way to get both output to work at the same time so i have
sound on my LCD-TV and my Digital-Receiver ?

Regards

Thomas