[alsa-devel] Sigmatel codec on Dell Vostro 1400

Paulo Cavalcanti promac at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 22:33:50 CET 2008

Hi,

I have a Dell Vostro 1400 laptop, which uses the sigmatel codec
STAC9228.

This laptop has a digital built in mic and a connector for an external
analog mic.
It also has two headphones connectors.

Using yesterday's alsa tarball

model=ref or ref-no-jd  - sound in headphones only, external analog mic
works. No digital mic.

model=3stack,5stack   - no sound at all.

model=dell-3stack        - sound works for headphones and speakers (jack
detection mutes speakers when headphones are inserted), no analog external
mic, and digital mic works, but sound is really too low.

Therefore, I would be very pleased if I could either use the analog mic with
model=dell-3stack, or if the built in digital mic had a louder sound.

Using hda-verb-0.3, the pins are:

0xa - headphones (first connector - the one which works)
0xf - headphones (second connector - mute)
0xe - analog mic

The information from alsa-info is here:

 http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=6a64faf3cd93c8c805e868c33eff88aec29508c8

Thanks.