[alsa-devel] Intel 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller on a HP dv4 computer

Jean-Pierre ANDRE jean-pierre.andre at wanadoo.fr
Mon Dec 15 11:10:12 CET 2008

Hi Takashi,

Than you for your help.

> Switching to polling mode is OK and mostly harmless.  But single_cmd
> is not.  There is a VERY big difference between them.

Ok.

> > Probably related is the
> > fact that I have never seen an IRQ 22.
> >
> > from proc/interrupts :
> >
> >  22:          0          0   IO-APIC-fasteoi   uhci_hcd:usb6, HDA Intel
>
> Hum, then it must be an interrupt thing.
> Ask rather ACPI guys.

Well, you must be right. Using the irqpoll boot option,
the sound is correct, and I see four IRQ 20 per second
(and none when there is no sound).

1) Can you confirm an expected IRQ every 250ms ?

The APIC routes PCI INT B to IRQ 22, and alsa is
expecting IRQ 22. Now I have to get alsa to expect
IRQ 20 or get APIC to route an appropriate PCI INT
to IRQ 22....

2) Now I get a warning "hda-intel: IRQ timing workaround
 is activated for card #0. Suggest a bigger bdl_pos_adj."

What is the range of values I should try ?

Regards

Jean-Pierre