[alsa-devel] Trying to get unsupported CODEC to work

Alex Austin circuitsoft.alex at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 09:54:25 CET 2008

Shoot. The DAE-3 is a controller for a 5-CH Amplifier card driving speakers
directly, but I still need the subwoofer output from the ALC888. I may be
able to get by without the ALC using high-level inputs on the sub amp. Even
without it, what do I need to do to enable the DAE-3? I'm comfortable in C,
but I don't know ALSA much, if at all, yet.