[alsa-devel] Trying to get unsupported CODEC to work

stan ghjeold_i_mwee at cox.net
Fri Dec 12 00:55:50 CET 2008

Alex Austin wrote:
> HelloI have an MSI Media Live DIVA motherboard. It has an AMD SB600 HD Audio
> controller, and two CODECs on the HDA bus.
>
> First is an ALC888
> Second is an Intersil DAE-3.
>
> Two alsa-info outputs in different circumstances
> http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=20c86e755fdbbdbc8761c8c2f4de76bce2ea0c11
> http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=15c5e5eab0104622a84b2dd0df03f26c17c7242d
>
> Output of codecgraph with "modprobe hda-intel probe_mask=2"
> http://pastebin.com/f54b6a9b8
>
> What's the next step to get this supported?

In both alsa-info.sh outputs, you have outputs turned on,
but they are at zero volume.  Have you tried running
alsamixer to turn up volumes?  If you are running pulseaudio
you might have to use pulse to turn up volumes, I don't use
it so I can't help with that.

Alsa starts with volumes at zero by default.

The other thing is you are using an older version of
everything.  I think the latest is at 1.0.18, and there are
links on the page as http://www.alsa-project.org to get a
tar ball of the very latest version available.  There are no
guarantees, but it might help as changes go in every day.