[alsa-devel] EMU releases 0404/0202 MAC driver stack as open source!!

Klaus Schulz kls.schlz at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 11 17:28:09 CET 2008

Hi folks.

FYI - see below.

Does this makes live easier to get the ALSA driver developed.

THX Klaus

---Quote---
SCOTTS VALLEY, CA - December 1, 2008 - E-MU Systems today announced that for
the first time it will release as open source the Macintosh driver stack for
its award winning USB 2.0 audio interface products - the 0202USB, 0404USB,
and TrackerPre. The Software Developer Kit will be available on the
SourceForge developer's website in early December and can be found at:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/zaudiodrivermac/. The software will be
released under the GNU Lesser General Public License or LGPL v3, which
enables developers to commercially redistribute products derived from this
code base.

The Software Developer Kit will include the E-MU USB 2.0 driver interface
specification and necessary source code for adding new features, enhancing
performance, or porting to other Operating Systems.

"We are releasing this code to the public to enable programming enthusiasts
the ability to experiment with and to extend the capabilities of our
products, which we find being used in a variety of applications outside of
the MI space proper. I'm convinced that our clever user base will come up
with innovative variations not addressed by our mainstream activities," said
Michael Lee, marketing manager for E-MU Systems. "I'm excited to see the
results generated by the OpenSource community."
---End Quote---