[alsa-devel] [patch] alsa-utils fix for intl support

Hans-Christian Egtvedt hans-christian.egtvedt at atmel.com
Mon Dec 8 10:29:05 CET 2008

On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 08:32:42 +0100
Takashi Iwai <tiwai at suse.de> wrote:

> At Thu, 4 Dec 2008 15:29:47 +0100,
> Hans-Christian Egtvedt wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Feel free to comment on the included patch. I had to add it because
> > aseqnet would not link without -lintl.
>
> Patching Makefile.in doesn't make any sense.

I have quite low fu with autoconf, but sure Makefile.in does not need a
patch as well? There are no users of LIBADD in seq/aseqnet/Makefile.in.

> Does the patch below work instead?

Nope, still not able to find libintl.

What is the correct way of testing this? From a fresh 1.0.18 source I
changed seq/aseqnet/Makefile.am and then ran autoreconf
before ./configure + make. Should I have used more/other autotools?

<snipp Makefile.am patch>

--
Best regards,
Hans-Christian Egtvedt