[alsa-devel] HDA: CLFE DAC on ALC889 (Acer Aspire 8930G)

Hector Martin hector at marcansoft.com
Wed Dec 3 15:41:39 CET 2008

Takashi Iwai wrote:
> Did you change "Channel Mode" setting?
Yes, of course.

> The only concern with your change is the possible incompatibility with
> the existing 4930g model.  If the pin mapping is identical, then it's
> fine to change the existing code.  If not, it'd be safer to create a
> new model preset.

Right. I'm just adding new output pin configurations, so there's a good
chance that it can be unified with the existing 4930g model. Someone
would have to test it on 4930g to make sure it doesn't break anything

Hector Martin (hector at marcansoft.com)
Public Key: http://www.marcansoft.com/marcan.asc