[alsa-devel] ALSA, select() question.

William Estrada MrUmunhum at popdial.com
Fri Aug 29 22:16:24 CEST 2008

Jaroslav,

  I got you Email address from
http://www.mail-archive.com/alsa-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/msg09605.html.
<http://www.mail-archive.com/alsa-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/msg09605.html>
I am trying to write a C program that simply reads from a ALSA device
and then writes back to it.
The program work with one major problem, there is a 4.1 second delay
between the read and the write.
This delay is caused by the select() not returning at the right time. In
you post you said to use:
> Yes, but you have to create revents for snd_seq_poll_descriptors_revents()
> to get the right event then. Don't use values from select() directly.
>
>                                                 Jaroslav

  Do you have some sample code that I could look at so that I could fix
my problem?

--
William Estrada
MrUmunhum at popdial.com