[alsa-devel] alsa regression: snd_bt87x mute (not mixer related)

Jorge Peixoto de Morais Neto please.no.spam.here at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 18:58:30 CEST 2008

Hi. Under kernel 2.6.23, I could get sound from the alsa device
created by the module snd_bt87x.
In kernel 2.6.24, there is no sound. And yes, I have checked in
alsamixer that the device is not muted.
Also, in kernel 2.6.23 the
device would only appear if I modprobed the module with the option
load_all=1. In kernel 2.6.24, the option load_all=1 is unnecessary for
the device to appear. This is probably because I have in 2007 sent an
email to this list
(http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2007-August/002617.html)
with information about my board, and it was responded by Takashi.
I have tried the latest linux-2.6.27-rc4 hoping the problem could have
been fixed. No improvement.
Could you please look at this? It is an important regression.

I have included extensive information about my system (under
both linux-2.6.23, where my card works, and linux-2.6.27-rc4) in the tarball attached. If you need any
other information please ask me.

Regards,
  Jorge Peixoto de Morais Neto