[alsa-devel] alsactl init - next round

Jaroslav Kysela perex at perex.cz
Mon Aug 18 17:30:23 CEST 2008

	The 'alsactl init' command becomes more powerful now.

- support for dB
- better support for enumerated controls
- better "ready to use" udev support, expected use:
    RUN="/usr/sbin/alsactl -r /var/run/alsactl.init restore $name"
- initialization using a guess method - the init/default configuration
    mostly copied from the alsaconf script, see

The cardinfo database is slowly filling. We have over 120 files there now.
Any volunteer for watching of these files and writting a suitable
configuration files for 'alsactl init' here?

I'm not sure about the initialization procedure. I selected the method -
look to database and if not found - use the default "guess" method
(without any warranty). But the opposite way is also possible - do a
universal initialization and modify only special parameters for specific

Jaroslav Kysela <perex at perex.cz>
Linux Kernel Sound Maintainer
ALSA Project, Red Hat, Inc.