[alsa-devel] alsa git: which version of ac97_codec.c am i supposed to hxr?

Jaroslav Kysela perex at perex.cz
Sat Aug 16 17:30:23 CEST 2008

On Fri, 15 Aug 2008, John L. Utz III wrote:

> Hello All;
>
> I feel confused by the presence of 2 different copies of ac97_codec.c:
>
>    jutz-gnto ~ # find . -name ac97_codec.c
>      ./alsa-driver/pci/ac97/ac97_codec.c
>      ./alsa-kmirror/pci/ac97/ac97_codec.c
>
> worse yet,they are not in sync:
>
> Which of these am i supposed to use? am i supposed to change both of them
> for some backward compatibility purpose?

Modify the alsa-kmirror code. When you run make in alsa-driver tree, the
file from alsa-kmirror is patched to retain compatibility for older linux
kernels. The ac97_codec.c file in alsa-driver tree is just a temporary
file (not in our repository) used for building. See to .gitignore which
files are temporary only.

					Jaroslav

-----
Jaroslav Kysela <perex at perex.cz>