[alsa-devel] HDA Power management.

Tobin Davis tdavis at dsl-only.net
Wed Aug 6 00:13:36 CEST 2008

Ok, I've been studying the code for a couple of weeks now, and testing
on a mobile type development platform with a Realtek ALC262, but I have
not been able to get the audio codec to enter low power mode (D3).  I
can see it switch when running that other OS.  When running, the chip
draws ~400mw, but drops to 40mw after switching to low power mode.  How
do I get it to do the same with the current driver?  I'm using the git
tip for alsa, and 2.6.26 final kernel.

I have tried setting the power mode to D3 using the hda-tool from
Takashi, but the codec reverts to D0 (full power) after a second or two,
even though there is nothing touching the audio in my test environment.

--
Tobin Davis

The beauty of a pun is in the "Oy!" of the beholder.