[alsa-devel] ultra small alsa library

Robert Jarzmik robert.jarzmik at free.fr
Sat Aug 2 18:48:03 CEST 2008

"Marco Schuster" <marco at harddisk.is-a-geek.org> writes:

> what are the minimum prerequisites for using s-alsa (esp. kernel!)? with
> 2.6.24 and debian i got segfaults.
Hello Marco,

I'll leave others for the prerequisites.

But I can tell you I run alsa on a little smartphone with 64MBytes of memory,
with a graphical application taking 25MBytes at its start. I have no problems so
far running alsa to play songs / use my phone.

My hardware setup (mio a701 smartphone) :
 - RAM: 64 MB
 - CPU: XScale PXA272
 - Storage : SD card
 - Swap: none (poor SD card otherwise)

Sofware setup :
 - Base stolen from OPIE 4.3.1
 - custom fixes for the smartphone, nothing related to alsa

I hope that cheers you a bit about your configuration.

--
Robert