[alsa-devel] git clone alsa-driver behind a firewall?

John L. Utz III john.utz at dmx.com
Fri Aug 1 23:54:15 CEST 2008

Hi guys;

I am trying to re-sync so that i can try to get my vt1618 stuff into alsa
that got rejected last year.

But since my last attempted patch, alsa's moved from hg to git and i cant
seem to clone the repository.

jutz at jutz-gnto64 ~/Compile/AlsaDev $ git clone
git://git.alsa-project.org/alsa-driver.git alsa-driver
Initialized empty Git repository in
/home/jutz/Compile/AlsaDev/alsa-driver/.git/
git.alsa-project.org[0: 212.20.107.51]: errno=Connection timed out
fatal: unable to connect a socket (Connection timed out)
fetch-pack from 'git://git.alsa-project.org/alsa-driver.git' failed.

am i correct in assuming that git runs on a port that a diligent admin
would not have open by default?

tnx!

johnu