[alsa-devel] Problem with aloop

Gustavo da Silva Serra gustavo.serra at tet.com.br
Wed Apr 30 22:27:37 CEST 2008

Hi,

    I am developing an application that captures sound and send it
through a network, just like a sound server. To test it I am using
kaffeine with alsa output plugin. After some time playing continuously,
or if I keep moving the position slider backward and forward, I get
choppy sound. If I close and reopen the capture stream opened by my
sound server, the sound is restored to good quality. Sometimes I have to
reopen many times before I get a good sound. When I use kaffeine oss
output plugin I don't have this issue. I don't have an audio sound card,
so I don't know if this is an aloop issue.

Here are some details:
- RedHat EL 4 kernel 2.6.9.55-ELsmp 64bit
- Alsa 1.0.16
- Xinelib 1.1.12

Please, if more details are needed I will be happy to provide them.
Thanks in advance.