[alsa-devel] [snd-bt87x] Prolink PixelView PlayTV

Nathan Schulte reklipz at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 07:15:04 CEST 2008

I recently purchased an ECS A740GM-M Motherboard which has an IDT 92HD202
integrated audio chipset.

Alsa is recognizing it as a SigmaTel 9221 A2. It is similar to the SigmaTel
chipsets, but I cannot get spdif to work. After looking at the sigmatel
hda-intel patch, it seems that spdif out is limited to two channels.

What I'm wondering is this; is there any need to write a new driver to get
this chip working? And if so, where should I start, or has someone already
started?

I'm willing to take this on, but I don't know where to start. Any advice
would be helpful!

-Nate