[alsa-devel] Model for Toshiba Satellite L30 with Realtek ALC861-VD

Roman Rybalko alsa-devel at romanr.info
Sun Apr 27 19:12:18 CEST 2008

I have the Toshiba L30 laptop with ALC861-VD codec.
Auto detection doesn't enables integrated speakers (and headphones are
detected as line-out).
The suitable models for it is "dallas" and "linovo",
but they create unusable widgets and don't provide full functionality.
So I decided to write own model.
I've token some usable parts from dallas and linovo and place they in my
model, "toshiba".
It's in alsa-driver-1.0.16.diff

But I'd like to mute my microphone when it's unplugged (preferably by
mixer),
and also mute my speaker only by mixer when the HPs plugged in
(now it is being muted by just disabling it's EAPD, as far as i understand),
so I will be able to enable it any time even when HP is plugged.

I've tried to do the first task - alsa-driver-1.0.16-micmute.diff, but I
failed to record anything from microphone then.

Could anyone give me an advice how should I do this?

--
WBR,

Roman Rybalko