[alsa-devel] help with idt 92hd206 codec for intel hda?

Greg Zornetzer gzornetzer.lists at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 08:38:19 CEST 2008

Hi all,
I recently acquired an ECS GF7100PVT-M3 motherboard, which appears to use
the IDT 92HD206 codec for HDA.  Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to have
full support under ALSA.  It gets detected as another Sigmatel chip.  Analog
stereo output appears to work, but the mixer doesn't find any of the normal
inputs.

I found the tech specs for the chip at
http://www.idt.com/products/getDoc.cfm?docID=13461840
I've attached an lspci output and the codec file to this email.  I'm not
much of an driver hacker, but if someone could give me an idea of what needs
to go into the patch_sigmatel.c file to make this thing work, I'd be willing
to try.  I'm also more than willing to test out patches on my setup.

Thanks in advance for your help.
-Greg