[alsa-devel] Status of X-Fi support in ALSA?

Spike spike at spykes.net
Fri Apr 25 20:30:04 CEST 2008

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 15:40:18 +0100
James Pearson <james-p at moving-picture.com> wrote:

> Out of general interest, what is the current status of X-Fi support?
>
> On a related note, I notice that Creative have recently released the 2nd
> beta of their closed source drivers:
>
> <http://connect.creativelabs.com/opensource/Wiki/SoundCard%20Support.aspx>
>
> Thanks
>
> James Pearson

Yeah, and they're still a big pile of crap that has zero build support
for any newish kernel and still will Oops any SMP enabled machine.
(almost everything now)

I too am wondering the current status of snd-emu20k1, its been very
quiet on this front since James stated he received the datasheets.....

Bren