[alsa-devel] [RFC] ucb1400 touchscreen, irq auto probing and ac97 with its private field

Jaroslav Kysela perex at perex.cz
Fri Apr 25 09:35:47 CEST 2008

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008, Takashi Iwai wrote:

> > Sure. I applied the simple 'void *device_private_data' patch, because
> > current usage request is really trivial. We can implement complex code to
> > handle data for multiple "extra" devices on AC97 bus later.
>
> Actually, it's not "used" yet.  The ucb1000 reads the data but no one
> stores yet.  And, if its usage request is trivial, we should use "int

Yes, I hope that the appropriate initialization code will be added to SoC
drivers, too.

> irq" as in the original patch instead of void data and cast.

But other SoC (or other) drivers might want to pass to extra devices on
AC97 bus something different or more complex. Mark Brown already noted
that. I would keep it as 'void *'.

					Jaroslav

-----
Jaroslav Kysela <perex at perex.cz>