[alsa-devel] [RFC] ucb1400 touchscreen, irq auto probing and ac97 with its private field
al+sa at ml.breakpoint.cc
Thu Apr 24 16:04:59 CEST 2008
I've sent a RFC to the alsa mailing list  about adding an extra field in
order to pass the IRQ from the AC97 driver to the ucb1400 driver. The
- William Pitcock recommended to hack up the ucb1400 driver and save the
irq there. The result is . What I don't like very much is the
global variable and the fact that has to be done for every platform.
- Mark Brown has the same problem with his wm97xx driver .
and while browsing a dead list archive of linux-input I noticed that a
guy named Peter Ma has the same problem on his AVR32 .
I haven't heard anything from the ALSA Maintainer but according to git
he didn't put a sing-of-by line since Thu Jan 31 17:40:18 2008 +0100 so
maybe he is sleeping. That's why I've add Takashi Iwai since he seems to
be in charge some how.
Now I'm curious what solution the people here prefer:
- adding a private field  (my favorite)
- hacking up the ucb1400  (doesn't solve  and needs addition code
to solve ).
- something totally different what did not come to my attention yet.
More information about the Alsa-devel