[alsa-devel] Acer Aspire 8920g / snd-hda-intel / ALC889

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Tue Apr 22 13:28:06 CEST 2008

Hi -

>> I did try this, it did change the alsamixer stuff a bit and made more
>> complaints in dmesg,
>
> They are no complains but just positive information.

OK.

>> but didn't change the silence situation.
>
> Hm, then the problem is somewhere different.
> You hear neither from speaker nor HP-jack?

Nothing, despite changing settings "headphone" and "IEC958" in alsamixer
-c0 (alsamixer by itself picks up pulseaudio nowadays apparently).  It's
as if the amp is powered down, or we route everything to modem :-)
Never a click or a buzz.  I also have mic routing to pcm turned up and
this makes no sound.  Entering the jack to the headphone socket also
makes no "click" in the headphones as you could maybe expect.

Maybe there is a special GPIO floating about that enables amp power?

-Andy