[alsa-devel] What does 0dB refer to? (Logitech USB Speakers)

Lennart Poettering mznyfn at 0pointer.de
Tue Apr 15 01:57:45 CEST 2008

On Tue, 15.04.08 00:47, Rene Herman (rene.herman at keyaccess.nl) wrote:

> > The dB scale is a _relative_ scale. To make any sense there needs to be
>
> No, it is not.

Oh, really? It's not a relative scale anymore? Ouch, what a mess. Now
I went to university and stuff, and now it turns out that they were
totally wrong and dB ain't no relative scale anymore. I want my money back!

Dude, hush, hush, fix Wikipedia! It still says: "The decibel (dB) is a
logarithmic unit of measurement that expresses the magnitude of a
physical quantity _relative_ _to_ a specified or implied _reference_
_level_".

Lennart