[alsa-devel] line6usb in alsa

Aldrin Martoq amartoq at dcc.uchile.cl
Tue Apr 15 00:39:43 CEST 2008

There is a "driver" which I long wanted to be in official alsa: line6usb.
http://www.tanzband-scream.at/line6/

While the code exists, I looked at it and in my opinion it's not ready
for inclusion in alsa. For example, there is some MIDI code which
belongs to userspace but it's in the kernel module.

I have already contacted the maintainer of the project, so we can make
this happen. My question are:
- what "communication" steps do we need to put this code here?
- do we have to put the initial line6usb support in one single patch
or a step by step is preferred?
- once the code is here, how can we improve it or make changes?
- any other trap we could avoid right now? any suggestion of how can
we make this the smoothest way possible?

Thanks a lot!
--
Aldrin Martoq
Episodio 002 (Lunes 24 Marzo)!