[alsa-devel] My issues with the ALSA API

Lennart Poettering mznyfn at 0pointer.de
Thu Apr 10 00:15:12 CEST 2008

Heya!

A while back I compiled a list of issues I found with the ALSA API
while I was hacking PulseAudio. I kept it up to date ever since. It
has the title "Why I hate ALSA", but this is merely a catchy
title, I am not trying to offend anyone, nor do I think that the ALSA
API is particularly bad.

Back at FOMS in January this year, I showed this list to James. He
acknowledged most of those issues. But I am sure that the other ALSA
devs might be interested too:

http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/WhyIHateALSA

Comments welcome!

Thank you,