[alsa-devel] ASoC for TI OMAP - Multiformat ASoC DAI link driver?

Jarkko Nikula jarkko.nikula at nokia.com
Thu Apr 3 08:13:41 CEST 2008

On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 12:48:20 +0100
"ext Mark Brown" <broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com> wrote:

> > I looked shortly asoc-v2-dev branch and now this type field is gone.
> > Does it mean that there you can have DAI link driver which supports
> > multiple formats in set_fmt callback?
>
> I don't know if anyone has ever actually done that but there should be
> nothing in the core which has a problem with doing it - if there is we
> should fix it up since this is a perfectly reasonable use case and
> affects a number of other modern processors too.

I think I'll let my first ASoC v1 McBSP DAI link driver to support
only I2S. I don't know do we even have OMAP boards using some another
format with audio codec.

Audio link to bluetooth chip is an another case, like a secondary DAI
link & codec, and requires anyway transition to ASoC v2 as I have
understood.

--
Jarkko