[alsa-devel] short writes?

william estrada MrUmunhum at popdial.com
Sun Sep 30 20:47:37 CEST 2007

Hi group,

   I have written my own ALSA recorder and player.  Along with that I have
several bugs. The bug I am working on right now is 'short writes' when I
use the pipe command into my player.  My player runs and asks for the file
to play, so that I may play incoming files as they are sent in.  I have
a program that uses 'inotify' to watch for incoming file and then pipe
the file name into my player.

   Now with all of that, is there a API call that will put the writei into
blocking mode?  Or an API call that will flush the output from writei? Or
any other suggestions?

   Thanks for your time.

--
William Estrada