[alsa-devel] short writes?

william estrada MrUmunhum at popdial.com
Sun Sep 30 20:47:37 CEST 2007

Hi group,

   I have written my own ALSA recorder and player.  Along with that I have
several bugs. The bug I am working on right now is 'short writes' when I
use the pipe command into my player.  My player runs and asks for the file
to play, so that I may play incoming files as they are sent in.  I have
a program that uses 'inotify' to watch for incoming file and then pipe
the file name into my player.

   Now with all of that, is there a API call that will put the writei into
blocking mode?  Or an API call that will flush the output from writei? Or
any other suggestions?

   Thanks for your time.

William Estrada
MrUmunhum at popdial.com