[alsa-devel] Asus M2NPV-VM snd_hda_intel problem - also with Alsa 1.0.15rc3

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 21:29:54 CEST 2007

Hi,

for the sweet love of ... does anyone have an idea how to make this
sound chip working...

I have Asus M2NPV-VM with AD1986A sound chip. I tried "model=3stack
position_fix=1", but it does not help.

surround does not work and sound mutes whenever I change volume.

when I use model=ultra or eapd-laptop, stereo is at stable and I can
change volume. but surround

I tried it with vanilla kernel 2.6.21.5/26.22.6 and snd_hda_intel from
the kernel without any success. I even compiled Alsa 1.0.15rc3, but
situation did no change.

anybody ... with any idea ... I would appreciate any help. any help at all.

thanks.

M.