[alsa-devel] Intel HDA / AD1986A problems

Peter Skensved peter at jay.phy.queensu.ca
Tue Sep 18 18:56:49 CEST 2007

On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 11:52:34AM +0200, Takashi Iwai wrote:

> > >  Not with model=laptop-eapd  - my alas mixer only shows Master, PCM, Mic, Capture, Mix,
> > > External Amp and Internal Amp
> >
> > The Mic Boost control was added _after_ 1.0.14 release.
> > (Correction in the above text: Front Mic Boost doesn't exist for
> > AD1986A but for other codec.)
> >
> > So, please try HG version first.  Then let's debug further.
>
> Note that the auto-mute feature isn't implemented yet in HG version,
> too.  But the mic boost should work at least.

  I downloaded the HG version, compiled against my kernel and re-loaded just
the modules ( so as not to break too much else ). I get the two microphone boost
controls ( one for playback and another for capture ) and they work. I can
record from both internal and  external microphone.

 The `Internal Mic.' bar/switch appears to do nothing

 The `Microphone" bar/switch is active and behaves as expected

 I see a couple of extra modem related controls ( Caller ID and Off-hook ) -
does that mean I can make the soft modem ( Si3054 ) work with slmodemd --alsa ???

 Still no PC speaker ....

> The below is the untested patch for adding the auto-mute feature.
> A new model laptop-automute is implemented.  Of course, it's against
> the latest HG version.  Give it a try.

  I tried applying the automute patch but I must have picked the wrong
version of pci/hda/patch_analog.c because most of the patch failed. At
what stage was the patch supposed to be applied ? I did it after having
done all the steps on the devel page.