[alsa-devel] Swap channel order in interleaved audio

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Mon Sep 17 14:50:04 CEST 2007

At Fri, 14 Sep 2007 18:14:44 -0600,
Michael Bourgeous wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm working on an ALSA driver for the TL880 (myhd.sf.net), and I can't
> figure out how to indicate in my driver that the right channel comes
> first.  Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way for me to change
> that in the card, and I haven't found a channel order setting in the
> headers.  So, is it possible to tell ALSA to swap the channel order of
> the data it gives to my driver?

Currently we have no API definition to give the channel assignment.
In most (should be all) drivers, we use the assignment
	Front L, Front R, Rear L, Rear R, Center, LFE, Side L, Side R

If the hardware doesn't follow this, we do the channel re-routing in
alsa-lib plugin.

It's in my planning to add some information for the channel order, but
still it's not implemented in the real form.