[alsa-devel] Ensoniq SoundScape VIVO90

Rene Herman rene.herman at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 16:34:30 CEST 2007

On 09/14/2007 10:12 AM, Krzysztof Helt wrote:

> I acquired Ensoniq VIVO90 card. I tried sscape driver but it does not
> work. I quickly looked at the oss driver in the kernel and it works
> completely different (uses different pnp resources for codec and mpu).

Also looked at that in response to a list question a while ago and posted a
very basic driver for the codec part only:

http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2007-April/000716.html

Also attached again. Haven't looked at it anymore since then.

> I want to ask if somebody tested this driver and if so what was the
> Ensoniq card model. If it worked only for non-pnp models I would
> integrate at least for VIVO cards.

It supposedly worked for the original author (Chris Rankin, CCed) with that
ENS3081 card that's listed. I suppose you also have the 4081 as both I and
Cody did?

(I do also have an old non-pnp soundscape lying about, but I haven't gotten
around to testing that yet).

Rene.